Sunday 6 May 2018

New discoveries for Derbyshire, County Durham graves and parish registers from Lancashire, Shropshire and Staffordshire

Greetings to all my fellow genealogical researchers!

This week, I had to remove all dead links for Rootsweb who have been concerned about security problems.  This dropped the total of the OGI by 4000 links!  Another resource of hundreds of transcriptions, genogold.com, has also taken their site down but states they are preparing for a new launch "soon".

I did find a lot of copies of the Rootsweb data (mainly for Derbyshire) on the amazing web.archive.org site.  I have also kept a full copy of all the removed links so if they are ever restored, they can be re-added to the OGI.  I am confident that the removed data was not unique and is available elsewhere by using the Online Genelaogical Index.

This weeks new additions are as follows:

I hope everyone in the UK is enjoying our warm bank holiday weekend.  We have had more  time with relatives and friends which is always a treat.

In a few weeks, I will be having surgery in Dudley and may be quiet for a while.  I do hope that once I am up for it, there may be more time during recovery to find new resources to add to the OGI.

Thank you all for your interest and support.

Tim Manners
Founder

No comments:

Post a Comment